Thursday, June 12, 2014

A "Sending" Ministry



You might have heard me say how I love my “sending” church, CCC.  Seems like whenever we meet in small groups, there is at least one of us missionaries in every four attending.  No wonder I feel like they “get me.”  =)

If you don’t know or haven’t guessed, a “sending” ministry, like ROP, is a place where you get taught and equipped in such a way that you are passionate about serving Christ in new ways.; wherever He may lead.

Part of my passion and excitement with ROP and relational ministry, is the family and community that builds in the light of God’s truth.


I spoke about ROP summer interns in my last letter, so let me introduce to our three youth ministry interns.

Alex (left) comes to us from New Life Missions Church.  His youth group came to host a summer VBS group with us.  He kept coming for the following 3 years.  This year he is a college freshman and interning with our youth ministry staff until school starts.

Victor (center) started attending our elementary age youth nights, back when we were still called Prodigal. Victor came to know Christ and deepen his walk at ROP.  Once in Middle School, he began volunteering to help with the younger kids. He is now going into the 10th grade and a steady help to youth ministry kids, volunteers and staff.  This summer he was eager to sign up for a full ROP summer internship.

Pricilla (right) was invited to youth nights 3 years ago by Victor.  She loves the Lord and helping kids.  She didn’t hesitate to sign up, either.  =)

Every year I work with the interns that come through our doors, many of whom still keep in touch.  I love to hear how they have started ministries back at their own colleges or churches.
I love the invitation God gave us to be a part of their new story in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in clean, relevant, and insightful! =]