Saturday, July 14, 2012

What Would You Do?



What if your child was given a ticket for using fireworks in the city and county of Denver?  What would you do knowing it to be a youthful mistake, serious, yet caused no damage?

Now imagine, what would happen to a kid that  didn’t have a loving family with structure and discipline at home?
This is a truth that is a part of this ministry.  Two teens, both with a warrant out for their arrest for this very reason.  One girl, one boy.  The warrant is due to ignoring the ticket for so long.  The consequence is now a $200 fine or 2 days in jail. 
One single parent refuses to appear in court for her child, she has her own issues with the law.  The other single parent has cut her child off and kicked her out of the home permanently, though the girl is underage.
As a mentor working with street kids, how would God desire us to come alongside these teens?  Is it just about money solving the issue of the fine?  What if there is no money to use?  We show love, but what does that look like?
I’m not asking because I know the answer.  I ask because I believe God teaches me a lot when I bring Him a problem bigger than myself or any  ability or resources I have.
Share your thoughts and ideas and teach this missionary a thing or two.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in clean, relevant, and insightful! =]