Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cell Phone Prayers




Sitting with a small group of elementary and  middle  school children, who had recently accepted Christ was a treat.  I was asked to help kick off our summer discipleship program.
The volunteer lead had a wonderful lesson on cell phones and prayer.  I watched eyes light and hands shoot up to questions like:  If you wanted to call me could you press any numbers you wanted?  What’s God’s number? And many more.
Looking up passages in the bible, the children learned how They can call God anytime by using His number J-E-S-U-S.  That we can call Him any time and anywhere about anything.
I was asked to share my story of last week & how I had lost my smart  phone for a week.  How I prayed to God about it and how He answered my prayer.  We closed by asking the children to share their prayers so we could pray together.
I was in awe as I watched the Spirit move and these new little believers step out in faith.  I feel so blessed God invited you and I into sharing these simple truths with those who need His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in clean, relevant, and insightful! =]