Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Presents to Presence



Presents and food were always the first thing that leapt into my mind when someone mentioned Christmas to me as a child.  So began my plotting and drooling.
Getting older means now I’m thinking about the presents to plan for and shop for and wrap, not to mention groceries and lots of cooking! Whew!
I still glean many joys from these things, yet, with age came a better   understanding of what the real gifts are that I should honor & praise.
First to honor the food of God’s word.  Not just on holidays, but for every    devotion, bible study and sermon each week.  I know I could never recall them all. Just as I will never remember every meal I’ve ever eaten.  Yet if I hadn’t eaten every day?
God’s word is even more essential to our faith than the food we eat to live!
Next is to praise the dearest thing of all to me which is God’s presence, (not presents, but you know what I mean) in my life, everyday!
And because I know He is with me, my attitude and presence can be a loving gift to others, too!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in clean, relevant, and insightful! =]